Pan Dei St. Tropez
Pan Dei Hotel St. Tropez Pool
Pan Dei Hotel St. Tropez
Pan Dei Hotel St. Tropez Guest Room
Crowd: Romantic weekenders, St. Tropez regulars
Location: Off the Place des Lices (central St. Tropez)
Vibe: Romantic, colonial Indian, trendy, less hedonistic
Amenities: Mosaic pool with honeymoon day beds and garden of fruit trees, Turkish bath, and a few small spa treatment rooms.
Guest Rooms: Guest rooms include modest queens and large suites with poster beds and large living spaces. All rooms include art and imported craftswork from Indonesia and India. Bathrooms include rain showers and some have free standing bathtubs on mahogany pedestals. Pan Dei also accommodates large parties by reserving all 12 rooms to the party exclusively, as well as granting access to the kitchen.
Hotel Villa Marie
Hotel Villa Marie Pool
Hotel Villa Marie Lounge
Crowd: Euro elite who have already been there, done that in St. Tropez
Location: St. Tropez hills in a lavish residential area, out of the way, perfect for those who want a break from the scene or celebrities who want to maintain privacy.
Vibe: Romantic, private, refined elegance
Amenities: Pool, lounge, glass encased restaurant, spa
Guest Rooms: Large, airy rooms with hardwood floors and views of the countryside; clawfoot bathtubs, wrought iron canopy beds
by Andre Saraiva
Hotel Ermitage St. Tropez
Hotel Ermitage Guest Room
Hotel Ermitage Bathroom
Hotel Ermitage is much smaller than Byblos, but it has a lot of bohemian street cred and I love the creativity and retro vibes they put into the interior design and decor.
Crowd: Models and rockers, including Kate Moss and Lily Allen
Location: “Attractively isolated amidst the rocky heights of St Tropez yet located just 5 minutes from Place des Lices”
Vibe: 1950′s, vintage chic, artsy, luxury boutique, like a South of France version of NYC’s Hotel Chelsea or LA’s Chateau Marmont
Amenities: Restaurant, bar, garden
Guest Rooms: 27 rooms decorated by Andres friends, many of whom are famous artists and interior designers. Each room has unique antiques and art displayed throughout. Some also have tiffany blue tile in the bathroom and huge tubs with claw feet.
Hotel Byblos St. Tropez
Hotel Byblos is an iconic St. Tropez hotel – very Mediterranean, attracts celebrities, rock stars, and socialites.
Hotel Byblos - Pool
Hotel Byblos - Dining
Hotel Byblos - Les Caves du Roy
Crowd: Rich and famous. Well known for attracting celebrities like Beyonce and Jay Z
Location: Within the inner village, close to the port and shops
Vibe: Resort, Luxury Mediterranean village, hedonistic
Amenities: Pool, new spa, one of the best equipped hotel gyms in France, B. Restaurant, Spoon, Les Caves du Roy (famous nightclub, like a modern day Studio 54)
Guest Rooms: 95 guest rooms arranged around their signature inner courtyard, in the style of a Mediterranean village; mini bars are stocked with gourmet snacks, premium champagne, and Sisley cosmetics (including an after sun skin serum), private chauffeur available.
Saint-Tropez is located in the South of France on the French Riviera. St. Tropez is known for attracting a crowd of summertime jetsetters, models, celebrities, and millionaire playboys. Over sized yachts flock to the port where their owners will find hedonistic beach clubs, exclusive night clubs, fine dining, fabulous hotels, and spectacular shopping. St. Tropez is also famous for Fleet Week, champagne spray parties, and Bridgette Bardot.
Saint-Tropez Fleet Week
Things to do:
- Visit the Musee de l’Annociade at the Place Grammont. This museum is located near the harbor and is one of the Riviera’s finest modern art collections.
- Go clubbing at Les Caves DuRoy, a famous French nightclub.
- Go to Voile Rouge, a beach club on Pampelonne Beach.
- Check out Nikki Beach, as in Nikki Beach Miami, except in the South of France.
- Grab a bite to eat at Le Quai Joseph, a scene-y restaurant chain that has locations around the port. The prime people watching location, white decor, black sand patio, and Indonesian lounge furnishings attract quite the crowd.
- Do Happy Hour at Jardins de Pan Dei, the pool lounge of the up and coming luxury boutique hotel Pan Dei. The sensual Indian theme, honeymoon lounges, complimentary hors d’oeuvres and lounge music create the perfect Happy Hour setting to begin the night.
- Grab a drink at Le Bar Joseph, designed by Christophe Pillet. This glamorous bar is less touristy, but is still lavish with its VIP lounge, dance floor, cocktail tables, large ball shaped chandeliers and equestrian artwork of white horses.
- Go back in time at Le Papagayo’s retro bar and dance lounge. The minimalist, all white lounge area, and photos of visiting celebrities create a fun, retro vibe.
- Indulge your need for Louis Vuitton.