Are you taking your mom on a luxury vacation for Mother’s Day? These restaurants in popular vacation destinations feature decadent brunches that are sure to make Mother’s Day special for you and your mom!
San Francisco, CA
Foreign Cinema Brunch
Where to stay: The Ritz Carlton San Francisco Residence Club
Urban luxury at Union Square, with direct access to the best shopping in the city!
Where to Brunch: Foreign Cinema
This theatrical restaurant offers delicious dishes such as homemade pop tarts with real fruit inside, balsamic fried eggs, and Dungeness crab croque monsieur. And of course since it’s in San Francisco, they have a ton of fresh seafood, including an oyster bar, mussels, prawns, and lobster. There are 3 dining rooms to choose from, the main space with the kitchen and bar, a lively courtyard where old movies are played at night, and a quieter art gallery space. A secret (delicious) item not on the menu: beignets.
Los Angeles, CA
Four Seasons Los Angeles Brunch
Where to Stay: The Peninsula
Classic Beverly Hills luxury in a great location.
Where to Brunch: Four Seasons Hotel (Beverly Hills)
The Four Seasons BH brunch is known for three things: serving a variety of delicious food, being expensive, and celebrity sightings. The service is impeccable and they offer a several food and beverage stations, including breakfast food, Bloody Marys, sushi/Asian food, cheese, and desserts. The Four Seasons is doing a special Mother’s Day Brunch, reservations highly recommended.
Essex New York City Brunch
Where to Stay: Waldorf Astoria
New York elegance and an amazing location on Park Avenue.
Where to Brunch: Essex
Head to the Lower East Side to Essex, where you will find a delicious brunch for only $20 that includes 3 Bloody Marys, screwdrivers, or mimosas! This chic white, lofty space is the perfect place for a Mother’s Day Brunch. Enjoy classic brunch items, like the manchego mac & cheese, lobster benedict, Mexican Matzo Brei (scrambled eggs, tortilla crisps, monterey jack cheese, avocado, black beans and pico de gallo) and The Deep South (chicken fried steak, biscuits, eggs, and sausage gravy).
Stella Boston Brunch
Where to Stay: Ames Hotel
One of Boston’s newer hotels, featuring chic and modern luxury.
Where to Brunch: Stella
Stella offers simple Italian food and a cute atmosphere. The entire place is white and includes a great outdoor patio. Enjoy traditional breakfast foods, like bagel and lox, frittatas, parfaits, and eggs benedict.
Biltmore Miami Sunday Champagne Brunch
Where to Stay: Biltmore
An iconic Miami hotel that has accommodated countless celebrities and public figures with superior service and elegance.
Where to Brunch: Biltmore’s Fontana
The Sunday Champagne Brunch at the Biltmore is a legendary affair that combines European flair with Latin flavor and Miami’s own unique style. There is live entertainment and a lavish buffet, including caviar, shellfish, smoked salmon, carved meats, fresh omelets, pastas, sushi, and a wall of spectacular desserts.
Fred's at Barneys New York Scottsdale
Where to Stay: Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Modern luxury inspired by its stunning desert surroundings.
Where to Brunch: Fred’s at Barneys New York
Mom is sure to love Fred’s, which features a bright, open space with views of Old Town. Brunch is elegant and relaxing, featuring a Bourbon Street Brunch, bagels made from scratch, and live New Orleans jazz. The flavored iced tea and specialty cocktails are also delicious! A huge bonus of brunching at Fred’s is that it’s located in Barneys New York! After eating and sipping on mimosas, go to Barney’s for some Mother’s Day shopping.
Elate Chicago Brunch
Where to Stay: Elysian Hotel
Where to Brunch: Elate
This rustic, modern, and casually sophisticated restaurant is adjacent to Hotel Felix, Chicago’s first LEED certified hotel. Brunch dishes at Elate include breakfast pizza, braised pork and egg tostada, and creme brulee pancakes. The special Mother’s Day prix fixe meal begins with a buffet of muffins, fruit, pastries and cheese. Guests can choose from 3 entrees, and finish with dessert. Don’t forget the bottomless mimosa for $20!
Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
The Four Seasons George V Paris is one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. Located just steps from the Champs Elyees, it features restored and replicated 18th century furnishings and interior design.
Four Seaons George V Paris - Guest Room
The 244 guest rooms, designed in the style of Louis XIV, are available in a variety of sizes. About 25% of the guest rooms are suites, and many have spectacular Eiffel Tower views. The basic rooms – if you can call them basic – feature city or courtyard views, crystal chandeliers, and full marble bathrooms. The larger suites, such as the Empire suite, include sculptures dedicated to Napoleon and Josephine. You’ll be able to see the Eiffel Tower quite clearly from your private terrace, which faces this world famous landmark directly. There is also a living room, dining room, green marble bathroom, and guest powder room.
Four Seasons George V Paris - Pool
The Four Seasons George V pool offers the ultimate experience in chic pool relaxation. The pool, located at the spa and health club, is decorated with trompe l’oeil murals of the garden of Versailles. The spa itself features muted tones with 18th century prints. The VIP treatment room includes its own whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and 2 massage beds. This spa is know as the best hotel spa in Paris!
Four Seasons George V Paris - Le Galerie
Le Galerie is an elegant, peaceful lounge, decorated with Flemish tapestries, 19th century paintings and furniture. Le Bar overlooks the Avenue George V and features a beautiful mahogany and wood bar.
Fine French dining is available at Le Cinq, which offers incredible views of the hotel gardens and courtyard. The restaurant serves classic French cuisine and has won 2 Michelin stars.
The husband can play golf at the nearby Albatros course, which has hosted 8 French Open Tournaments and is an acclaimed European golf course.
Conclusion: The Four Seasons George V Paris is superior in its elegance, decor, and romantic atmosphere, right in the heart of Paris!
Top 10 Romantic Getaways
Palmasola is a luxury vacation rental located in the private resort community of Punta Mita, Mexico.
Palmasola is a 25,000 sq. foot mini-resort located in Punta Mita, Mexico. The word mita comes from an old Aztec word meaning “gateway to paradise.” Palmasola is definitely located in a private paradise, available only to those who can afford it. It shares the gated Four Seasons community.
Palmasola was built by a Bay area commercial real estate developer and his wife, an investment banker, who fell in love with Punta Mita while on vacation. Mexican architect Manolo Mestre and his associate, Juan Collignon and interior designers Ofelia Uribe and Erica Karyer worked closely with the owners using simple, natural materials to achieve a timeless Pacific Coastal look. They implemented unpolished marble floors, hand plastered walls, and handmade Mexican furniture from local wood.
Palmasola Master Residence Interior
Palmasola has a staff of 15, including 2 gourmet chefs (one Mexican trained and one European trained) that prepare Continental Mexican cuisine. They also provide chauffeured transportation to and from the airport. Palmasola includes 11 thatched- roof luxury huts and a 9 mile stretch of beach. There is a gym, massage room, entertainment and business centers, and custom bath products. Palmasola can fit 18 adults comfortably. Guests have full use of the Four Seasons resort hotel, including the famous Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and its “Tail of the Whale” natural island hole.
DINE is the real estate developer who created Punta Mita, the Four Seasons resort, and the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course. The Mexican government awarded DINE with an award for Ecological Excellence and the Jack Nicklaus Golf Course received a perfect 100 score for speed of play.
Palmasola Master Residence Exterior
Rates for the Palmasola start at $13,000 a night for the Spring/Summer seasons. If you’d like to visit during the Winter season, rates go up to $15,000. Fall prices will run you $14,000 a night, and Holiday season rates are so pricey that they are only available upon request. There is a minimum stay of five to seven nights.
Palmasola Residences Beach and Ocean Vistas at Punta Mita, Mexico
If you can’t afford a stay of $65,000 ($13,000 nightly rate for 5 days) to $140,000 ($20,000 holiday nightly rate for 7 days) you might want to take a peek at the Four Seasons Residence Clubs.
Palmasola Guest Residences
Palmasola Dining at the Beach
Palmasola Residences and Lazy River
For a fraction of the price, you can stay at a Four Seasons Residence Club in Punta Mita, Mexico. These units are luxury condos that provide the same services and amenities as the resort hotel (maid service, 24 hour concierge, etc). For a two bedroom condo, Spring/Summer rates range from $1,275 to $1,675, Fall ranges from $1,200 to $1,500, and Winter season ranges from $1,350 to $2,175. Holiday rates (Christmas, New Year, and Spring Break) are usually about $2,800.
Palmasola Outdoor Living Spaces
You can book your stay with Travel En Vogue here.
Ten of the best places to have a romantic getaway:
1. New York City, NY. A classic romantic vacation destination. Try staying at the Crosby Street Hotel in SoHo. This 86-room hotel will make you feel at home with its unique interior design style. Each guest room and suite looks like a luxurious bedroom.
Romantic Getaways - Crosby Street Hotel, NYC
Enjoy one of the many romantic activities New York City has to offer, like walking by the lighted fountains at the Lincoln Center for Performing Arts, having dinner in Central Park followed by a carriage ride, ice skating at Rockefeller Center, going to the Roof Gardens at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, or going to the top of the Empire State Building .
2. Paris, France. Paris is one of the most romantic places in the world. Try staying at the Four Seasons George V, just steps from the Champs-Elysees, where you can enjoy a private dinner with a view of the Eiffel Tower from your guest room or suite terrace.
Romantic Getaways - Four Seasons George V
A great couples activity to do in Paris is to take cooking classes at Ecole de Cuisine Alain Ducasse from top French chefs, such as Romain Corbiere, the former Executive Chef of Ducasse’s le Relais du Parc. Classes consist of going to the farmer’s market to pick out the best ingredients, and then heading back to get a hands-on lesson on how to prepare it.
3. Beaver Creek, Colorado. Beaver Creek is one of the world’s premier ski destinations. Try apres-ski for two at Zach’s Cabin, accessible only by a private sleigh ride, or Ritz Carlton’s Spago by Wolfgang Puck. During the summer months, take a hot air balloon ride over the Rockies and drink champagne as you take in the beautiful views! Stay at the Ritz Carlton Residence Club in Beaver Creek, where you can rent a luxury condo and have all the benefits of the hotel, such as maid service, room service, and concierge.
Romantic Getaways - Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch in Colorado
4. Venice, Italy. Eat amazing Italian food, take romantic gondola rides, and enjoy the history of one of the oldest cities in the world. The Palazzina Grassi is a 22-room boutique hotel located on the Canal Grand, just steps away from Campo Santo Stefano. This artsy hotel has a modernist glass collection in a sparkling space designed by Phillipe Starck.
Romantic Getaways - Palazzina Grassi
5. St. Moritz, Switzerland. While staying at the Diavolezza, the best of the five St. Mortiz ski areas, a tram will drop you at the 10,000 foot summit at night to go moonlight skiing. Ski down the mountain in the blue moonlight and take in views of the glacial Bernina Range. Then, take the ski lift back to the top for dinner at Berghaus Diavolezza Restaurant. Enjoy classic Swiss cuisine such as Bundnerfleisch, Rosti potatoes, and cheese fondue.
Romantic Getaways - St. Mortiz, Switzerland
6. Buenos Aires, Argentina. Stay at the Algodon Mansion overlooking the Recoleta neighborhood. This hotel only has 10 beautiful suites, so you’re sure to receive amazing service. Each suite has limestone and marble bathrooms, ebony floors, and views of the hotel’s central atrium and two story waterfall. You can have delicious dinners, walk through the city, and arrange for a romantic sunset tango lesson for two through the hotel. The rooftop pool features tea decks and lounge chairs, and hosts chic cocktail pool parties in the evenings.
Romantic Getaways - Buenos Aires, Argentina at the Algodon Mansion
7. Bali, Indonesia. Enjoy a private villa at Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay. Villas include separate sleeping, bathing and living pavilions as well as a plunge pool. On Tuesday and Saturday nights, the Four Seasons has a Beds on Beach night, where they lay out 20 silk canopied beds and candles along the beach. They play jazz music and serve Asian tapas and cocktails while you watch the sunset across the Indian Ocean.
Romantic Getaways - Four Seasons Resort Bali - Jimbaran Bay
8. Cook Islands. The Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa is the only resort on the Cooks Islands, located on its own island and one of the prettiest lagoons. Enjoy some serious R&R and lay on the beach, take naps in a hammock, enjoy the spa, or go snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, and motu walking.
Romantic Getaways - Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa
9. Zanzibar, Tanzania. The Kilindi resort in Tanzania is a picturesque assortment of pavilions, “cascading rain-water pools, lush tropical gardens and domed private spaces of rest, indulgence and well-being” along the coast of Northern Zanzibar. Kilindi is a sustainable resort that uses solar power and has its own state-of-the-art water treatment plant. Enjoy the spa, where East African therapists use traditional techniques that incorporate herbs, oil and honey. Kilindi is definitely a place to get away from it all and relax with your significant other.
Romantic Getaways - Kilindi Resort in Tanzania
10. Bogota, Colombia. The Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia is a 102-room luxury hotel located in the Zona Rosa district, near the art galleries. Visit La Candelaria, a historic district with a romantic, bohemian vibe. There are many cafes, art galleries, and restaurants there, such as the Fernando Botero Museum and El Museo del Oro, home to a 6,500 piece collection of pre-Columbian gold coins and other art.
Romantic Getaways - Bogota
Zona T is a pedestrian street where you can sit at cafes, drink wine, and people watch. Try Pravda, where they have excellent martinis, or Juan Valdez, for some of the best coffee in the world. For Sunday lunch, go to Andres Carne de Res, just outside of the city. They have great food and a special transportation service to accommodate patrons. On Friday nights you can go there to have drinks and party.
Recommended romantic restaurants are Astrid y Gaston, Harry’s Bar, Club Columbia, Nasce, and Watakushi.
Winter is quickly approaching – that means it’s time to start thinking about where to take your ski vacations! Ski holidays are fun because it’s not just about skiing – it’s about staying at a beautiful resort in a luxurious ski town, going to dinners and doing plenty of shopping. It’s a great family, romantic, or girls vacation.
There are a few 5-star ski resorts that stand out, especially the Colorado ski resorts. Not only are the hotels top-of-the-line, but the towns they are located in have been developed over the years and now cater to an affluent crowd.
Ski Holidays - Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch
The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch is a ski-in/ski-out resort in the luxurious Beaver Creek Village. This resort is one of the most popular of all the Ritz Carlton ski resorts thanks to its location and amenities.
The Ritz Carlton Aspen Highlands is another great place to stay. Aspen is world-renowned for being a glamorous ski destination, and celebrities are often spotted there. Aspen has many fine dining options, like LuLu Wilson, Cache Cache, Ellina and Gisella.
Ski Holidays - Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe
Ritz Carlton has another ski-in/ski-out resort in North Lake Tahoe, California. The resort is less that 15 minutes away from the village of Lake Tahoe and Truckee.
Ski Holidays - Four Seasons Jackson Hole
The Four Seasons Jackson Hole (Wyoming) is another ski-in/ski-out resort in the Teton Mountains. Jackson Hole is well known for its challenging ski conditions and is perfect for the advanced skier in your group, although they do have terrain suitable for skiers of all levels.
All of these resorts have Ski Valets, 5-star dining, heated outdoor pools and jacuzzis, destination inspired decor, and luxury spas designed to soothe aching muscles and deal with high altitudes. There is also the option to rent one of their Residence Club luxury condos. You can rent from owners through our sponsor, Travel En Vogue.
The Four Seasons is also opening another ski resort in Vail, Colorado, that is scheduled to open December 2010.